October 22, 2009
That was the last time I over drafted on my account.
$225
That's what I paid in fees alone.
11,125,569,789,156,151
That's the number of tears shed over the whole ordeal.
1
That's the number of seconds it took for me to decide that I'd never go through that again.
So, here we are, how ever many months later and here I am in utter shock. I'm overdrawn.
Granted, it's only $21.08 but that's still crazy! What's crazier is that I know how it happened. It's all my fault.
Here I am spouting off how good I feel to be debt free, how light my shoulders feel, how awesome it is to wake up not owing one cent to a single soul all the while I've spent more than I possess. There was more than enough money in there but I made two fatal mistakes.
1. I didn't track a single purchase over the last two weeks
2. I splurged on non-essentials.
There is a purchase for $3.48 (I don't even know what this is). Another for $1.58 (Huh?). And the $50 "cooking class" at Williams-Sonoma that ended up being a "live-tutorial" with a "culinary expert".
What I'm feeling now is shame. For years, I've scrimped and not even saved just lived paycheck to paycheck. And the first time I have money left over, I lose my effing mind and spend more than I've got.
I thought I was ready to be debt free. But now? I'm not so sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment