I am still not in a place where I write everything down. However, I do have a better idea of where my money is going.
This month, I managed to end with $5.67 in my checking account and $5.03 in my savings. The problem is that I overextended myself by $51.34 and needed to move 55 of my 60 precious dollars to my checking to cover it.
With that said, I applaud myself for having the cash to move. There was a time in the not-so-distant past when the account would have just bounced or I would have had to beg a parent for a never-to-be-repaid bailout. I won't speak about the money that I expected to come that never arrived. It's my fault for counting chickens too early.
So, the month in review:
Rent: $484 (including pet fee)
Water: $0 (landlord could not produce invoice)
Electric: $0 (electric company issued full credit to account)
Food: $51.37 (thanks, Mom for stocking my fridge!)
Eating Out: $60.00
Entertainment: $4.00 (one matinee movie)
Crafts: +$100 (*sad face*)
Bars: $0
Clothes: $0
Extras: $41.30 (carpet for kitchen)
Please know that I brought home more than $750 in the month of September. But since I failed to write it down, I am failing to report it properly. I guess I still have a lot of work to do in this department. Yet and still, I had money left over last month and already this month I've doubled the amount in my savings.
Baby steps, y'all. Baby steps...
No comments:
Post a Comment