Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Settlements

I received a settlement offer from the last credit card company I owe money to. They are willing to take 40% off what they claim is my final balance. It's not that I don't have the money; it's that I don't want to give it to them.

There was a time when I was sending them $220 a month and it still wasn't enough to clear my balance. They've never been willing to negotiate with me in the past so (and I'm not saying that this is the right thing to do but) I stopped paying. I will find a way to get them their money if only so that I can get this yoke from around my neck.

And I promise you and myself too, I will never abuse another credit card. In the end it's not worth it. Because when I write them this check I will be sending them one-half of my vacation fund. *shaking my head* So not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment